This just in – the new CKFree Blue perfume is out for a limited period, exclusively at Al Shaya stores. Check out this interview with the perfumer of CKFree Blue, Caroline Sabas.
1) what does ckfree blue represent for you?
ckfree blue represents a man who is not trying too hard to smell good but wants to smell confidently clean with a touch of masculinity.
2) what was the initial brief from the marketing team?
the idea of the fragrance was to be a continuation of the journey that began with ckfree, this time taking a coastal drive to the ocean.
3) what were the sources of inspiration to create this fragrance?
the source of inspiration to create this fragrance was the feeling of being outside by the ocean. capturing the essence of a man standing on a beach with salty wind blowing through his hair and across his skin as he watches the waves of the ocean crash in front of him.
4) were there any specific ingredients the marketing wanted to have in this fragrance?
for the fragrance, the idea was to capture the blue of the ocean and the crispness of the salt air.
1) how would you describe this fragrance in your own words?
ckfree blue is a unique combination of magnetism and timeless elegance that defines the modern man. this invigorating fresh aquatic with a hint of spice and sensual skin musks combines classic masculine appeal with cool, contemporary elegance. he is undeniably fresh. unscrupulously clean. exceptionally masculine.
2) if you had to choose 3 key words what would they be?
clean. sexy. masculine.
3) could you describe each facet in detail: top, heart, base?
top: french lavender, chinese mandarin, spear mint
middle: green cardamom, fresh greens, white nut meg, ozone
dry: amber crystals, white leather, sheer musk
4) what makes this fragrance unique?
the unique aspect of ckfree blue is the fact that it has a lot of masculine sexy notes in its depth but keeps its transparent freshness throughout.
5) is there anything interesting about the use of lavender in this fragrance? is it an unusual note to use in a men’s fragrance? does this represent any recent trends in men’s fragrances?
lavender is frequently used in men’s fragrances and gives a timeless ‘grooming’ effect in the top, which adds to the clean, masculine feel.
6) how would you describe the scent of the ozone note used in this fragrance? how does it make this fragrance unique?
the cool ozone accord gives a crisp and airy effect giving a natural feeling of the outdoors.
7) if this fragrance was a piece of music? a cloth? an object?
if ckfree blue was a music style it would be jazz; relaxing, confident and dreamy.
if ckfree blue was a type of cloth, it would be a cool linen shirt that a man is wearing on the beach, swaying in the breeze rolling off the ocean.
8) if you had to present this fragrance to a customer in one sentence what would you say?
this is your everyday fragrance with a sexy modern edge.